The 3rd Edition of the Pan-African PMC will be held at the Yaounde Conference Centre in Cameroon. Yaounde is the capital of Cameroon and is emerging as the pan-African project management hub. Additional reasons for choosing Cameroon (Yaounde) include the following facts about the country:
- Its frequent description of “Africa in miniature” due to its diverse climate, geography, and cultures reflecting the diversity of Africa;
- It is one of the few African countries officially bilingual in English and French;
- It is through ANOR, (Standards and Quality Agency) one of the two (2) African countries that are participating members of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 258 on project, programme and portfolio management;
- it is the only African country to adopt since December 2014 as national standards, seven (7) ISO international standards on Project, Programme and Portfolio Management;
- there is already a PMI Chapter in Cameroon and a local professional association member of IPMA (Cameroon Project Management Association (CaPMA).
The 3rd Edition of the Pan-African PMC 2020 will be held from 28 to 30 October 2020. This date considers four (4) professional events in the sector: (i) the plenary meeting of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 258 which to be held from 14 to 18 September 2020 in Delft (Netherlands); (ii) the PMI EMEA Congress 2020 to be held from 14 to 16 June 2020 in Prague (Czechia); (iii) the IPMA World Congress to be held from 22 to 24 September 2020 in St. Petersburg (Russia) and the PMI Africa Conference 2020 to be held from 6 to 8 September in Lagos (Nigeria).